Meredith's Blog

Just another Edublogs site

Student Blogging Challenge Week 5

on April 2, 2019

My school is a catholic school in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. We have so many AMAZING school events like our Spring Concert and Field Day. Every couple of years we also have a Multicultural Day. Each class chooses a country and they do a lot of research on it and put together their room to display their country. All the classes get to walk around the school and visit the countries to learn about them. Last year my class studied Argentina and made up presentations about it. Field Day is my favorite school event. We have two teams: red and white. Our school plays many games like kickball and Capture the Flag. The 8th graders play a basketball game and they compete for extra points. The team with the most points at the end of the day wins and that team gets so excited. I was a captain last year and my team won. I was so excited because my team worked so hard and we won most of our games! Please leave comments to tell me about your school traditions or events. I would love to hear about them!

5 Responses to “Student Blogging Challenge Week 5”

1. bjerring says:

Hi, Meredith!

My name is Mrs. Wohlafka, and I am a commenter for Student Blogging Challenge.

That’s nice that every couple of years your school has a Multicultural Day. What was one thing you learned about Argentina last year?

2. Thomas Oriya says:

Hello Meredith,
    Am a teacher in kenya and a commenter in STUBC 2019. I did enjoy reading through these marvelous events at your school. Has any class researched on kenya, in African continent? Please do, Kenya has 42 cultures which explains why it’s a major tourist destination in Africa.

• meredithcsis21 says:

Dear Mr. Thomas Oriya,
      I am studying Africa right now and we learned a little about Kenya. I learned that the capital is Nairobi and that the most prominent religion in Christianity. I am going to study more about this awesome country and I can’t wait. It sounds like an amazing tourist attraction and the 42 cultures sound cool to learn about. Thanks for the feedback!